PLM provides a product system development platform for One Plus Display Products to help us manage product data, product development processes and business systems, and provides a product information backbone for One Plus and our extended vendors. PLM systems help One Plus in coping with the increasing complexity and engineering challenges of developing new retail store displays and fixitures for the china and global competitive markets.
Why One Plus to use the PLM System?
Before we are discussing why One Plus chooses the PLM system, let’s think if your company is facing the following problems.
• Supply chains were getting longer and more complex
• Decentralized production was becoming more common (e.g., lots of plants making pieces and then being assembled at a final OEM end-point)
• Products were becoming more complicated (and more regulated)
• Manufacturing was facing aggressive price-shopping from consumers. Cost became a race to the bottom.
Any of the mentioned sounding familiar? Most companies are now required to compete with today’s market pressures to reduce time-to-market, decrease costs, improve quality, and drive further innovation.
One Plus faced the same problems a decade ago. In the display prop industry, the display product has a short life cycle(15 days-max. 90 days). It relates to diverse materials and complex supply chains(from design to final installation and after-sale maintenance). And because of that, it requires the coordination of many internal people, departments, and external resources that are often stretched across different locations. More importantly, improper management of these complex processes can breed wastage of resources and increase management costs.
Therefore, with the core “Professional people to handle professional affairs”. One Plus Display Products developed the PLM system since 2009.
• Centralized and unified management of technical data to achieve resource sharing in One Plus.
• Offers an electronic file repository.
• Constructs and controls bill of material (product structure) records
• Exports data for downstream ERP systems(procurement, production, distribution and after-sales maintenance)
• Information visibility and sharing provides the foundation for the development of modular display products
• Enables workflow and process management for approving changes to reduce product cost and enhance One Plus’s global competitiveness.
How is the PLM system Applied in One Plus’s Internal Management?
PLM can be thought of as both (a) a workhorse for all data that affects a product, and (b) a communication process between One Plus and our clients: principally engineering design, materials management, and product development.
1. Engineering Design
- Speed idea sharing by uploading product designs in One Plus’s PLM system.
- Improve product quality, branded packaging, and color consistency with digital artwork, component, material, and color libraries.
- Apply artwork and colorway combinations across multiple products.
2. Materials Management
- Manage a full Bill of Material (BOM) from samples through to final products.
- Request, track, and manage lab dips, strike offs, and submits.
- Handle packaging instructions and artwork.
3. Product Development
- Dramatically reduce admin effort by automatically adjusting for any-market, any-channel variations.
- Automatically applies packaging, points of measure, sizing, and test criteria to multiple designs.
PLM is no longer a nice to have but is now a foundation technology that drives operational efficiency and business growth by uniting all One Plus display products. Without PLM, companies will face a chaotic collection of spreadsheets, file storage, emails, telephone calls, and meetings where people try to align and collaborate, often working from wrong or out of date information. It is impossible to make the right decisions when you are always fighting fires.